Pineapple Beef Stew
1 lbstewing beef
1 lbsweet potatos
1 ccoconut milk, unsweetened
1 tspginger, fresh, minced
1 Tbspcoconut oil or cooking oil
5 ozpineapple pieces, drained
2 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt, to taste
·pepper, to taste
How to Make Pineapple Beef Stew
- Chop shallot and mice ginger and garlic, drain pineapple juice and reserve.
- In a large pot, heat coconut or other oil for frying and brown beef on all sides.
- Lower heat, add shallot, ginger and garlic, fry some more, season with some salt and pepper, then add coconut milk. Deglaze and stir well, then cover and simmer for about 40 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile cube sweet potatoes (1 inch cubes) and eggplant.
- After about 40 minutes, add sweet potatoes, eggplant, soy sauce and honey.
- Continue simmering for about 30 minutes, then add the pineapple pieces. If there's not enough liquid, add reserved pineapple juice as needed.
- Simmer for 15 more minutes and taste test for salt and pepper. Serve hot over rice or cauliflower rice.