Grilled Garlic Rib Eye steak by Noreen
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, light in color
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 c
- salted butter
- 6-8 clove
- thinly sliced,or chopped garlic
- 2- 4
- thick cut rib eye steaks about 1 1/2 inches thick
- course sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp
- fresh chopped parsley
- basil, dried
How to Make Grilled Garlic Rib Eye steak by Noreen
- 4Dry steaks with paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides of Steak generously. They are thick steaks. 5-6 turns on salt grinder is fine. Coat the steak evenly with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Press the salt and pepper in to the steak. Drizzle some butter oil on each side of steak. Rub the oil evenly over the steak. Reserving the pieces of Garlic. Save the rest of the oil and garlic for later.
- 5Heat grill to high heat. 500-600 degree's. The higher the better. ( you may also use a cast iron grill pan and broil them.)
Place steaks on grill and sear the meat. Close cover on grill. If you get a flare up. Move steaks to higher level, if your grill has another shelf.
Cook about 15 minutes for medium. Meat should reach about 135 degree's for medium. lower for medium rare etc. brush steaks with half the remaining garlic butter while cooking.