Pam's Smoked Orange Beef Jerky
How to Make Pam's Smoked Orange Beef Jerky
- 1Slice the beef into 1/4 inch slices, it'll be easier if you put it in the freezer for about 45 minutes before slicing
- 2Mix everything together in a gallon zip top bag, mix well and refrigerate over night.
- 3Preheat smoker to 170 degrees.
- 4Drain the meat in a colander but do not rinse.
- 5Either spread out directly on the racks for drying or use wooden skewers to hang the slices. Place in the smoker.
- 6If using wood pellets, get them started and add to the smoker. If using chips, add them now too. Use something light, I use a mix of mostly apple with a little hickory.
- 7Smoke for about 2 hours then continue drying in the smoker or remove to a dehydrator. I use the smoker. Keep the temp at 170 for a total of 3 hours then lower to 150 until jerky is dehydrated to your liking. Mine takes about 4 hours total.