Pam's Smoked NY Strip Loin Roast
How to Make Pam's Smoked NY Strip Loin Roast
- This piece of meat is basically NY Strip steaks before they are cut into steaks. Select a roast with a nice fat cap on it.
- TWO DAYS before you cook - Remove the meat from it's wrapper and pat dry. Generously salt with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on all sides.
- Place on a rack over a drip pan in the fridge and let sit UNCOVERED for 2 days. Really. Do it.
- Preheat your smoker to 215 degrees. Place the roast directly on the smoker rack fat side up. Insert temperature probe.
- Add about 1/2 cup hickory chips to the smoker. We like this lightly smoked so that's all I use. If you like a heavier smoke taste add it more than once.
- Remove when the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees. I strictly go by internal temperature and not time. Let rest at least 20 minutes before slicing. The temperature will rise while resting and you should have a nice medium rare piece of meat.