Pam's Smoked Beef Jerky
This is a basic teriyaki type recipe, soy sauce, kinda sweet, garlic. I will also be posting my recipe that is based on Chinese Orange beef.
How to Make Pam's Smoked Beef Jerky
- Slice beef into 1/4 inch slices. Against the grain will be tender, with the grain will be chewier.
- Mix everything together in a gallon plastic bag. Seal and marinate overnight.
- Preheat the smoker to 170 degrees.
- Drain in a colander. Do not rinse.
- I use wooden skewers to pierce each slice near one end and let them hang down through the rack for my smoker. Takes much less space than laying the pieces out on the grate.
- Place in the smoker and let it go for about an hour to dry a little.
- I use pellets in my smoker, for this it's a mix of hickory and apple. Light the pellets and once they are going put in the smoker. If using chips, add them now. You only want to smoke for about 1 1/2 hours, not a heavy smoke.
- Keep temperature at 170 for 3 hours (from the start). Reduce to 150 until dehydrated. Time will depend on thickness of meat and consistency of temperature.
- Reduce to 150 and smoke/dehydrate until jerky bends and looks right. No moisture left but not tough as nails!