Our Old Favorite Beef Tacos
- 1 Tbsp
- corn oil (or any vegetable oil)
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp
- ground red pepper (cayenne) or more to taste
- 1 can(s)
- (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- hard corn taco shells (about 6-inch)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- tomatoes, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese, as much as you want
- onion, finely diced
- bottled taco sauce
How to Make Our Old Favorite Beef Tacos
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat.
Add onion; cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Add beef; cook, stirring with wooden spoon to break up, until beef is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes
- 3Add chili powder, salt, cumin and red pepper; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in tomato sauce.
Bring to boiling.
Lower heat to medium.
Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- 4Heat taco shells in 375 degrees F oven for about 5 minutes.
Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture into each shell.
Serve with lettuce, tomato, cheese, diced onion and taco sauce on the side. Let everyone use what they want.