Chili by Maggie
Amounts listed are only guidelines.
Add more meat if desired or even no meat at all if that is your preference.
Add more beans or even different beans.
Use dried beans rather than canned if you have the time.
Adjust the spices according to your taste.
This stuff is just plain yummy comfort food .. it is really good the next day and it does freeze very well.
So if you are looking for a good basic start to creating your own chili recipe .. this just might be it !
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- medium size spanish onion - chopped
- 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 16 oz can tomato puree
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- 16 oz can cannellini beans
- 16 oz can great northern beans
- 16 oz can red kidney beans
- cheddar cheese shredded for topping
- sour cream for topping
- corn chips for topping
How to Make Chili by Maggie
- 1Brown ground beef and onions in medium pot until meat is done and onions are tender.
Put into crock pot.
- 2Pour tomatoes and tomato puree over all in crock pot.
- 3Add seasonings.
- 4Rinse beans well, add to crock pot and stir until all items are combined.
- 5Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for about 4 - 5 hours.
- 6During last half hour of cooking remove lid.
- 7Serve in bowls and top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and corn chips if desired.
- 8***** NOTE *****
You can cook this on the stove top rather than the slow cooker if desired. Cook times will vary and do be careful to keep a good stir going so the tomato products do not burn to the bottom of your pan.