Night Before Taco Bake
Prepare the night before, then pop in the oven for dinner tonight. A great help for busy working people.
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 c
- frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry
- 1 can(s)
- (11 oz) sweet yellow and white corn
- 1 can(s)
- chopped green chilies
- 1 pkg
- less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar(s)
- (8 oz) taco sauce
- 3 c
- coarsely broken white corn chips (about 5 ozs.)
- 2 c
- shredded mexican cheesse blend
- garnish as desired with lettuce, sour cream, jalepenos, whatever you like.
How to Make Night Before Taco Bake
- 1Spray 12 X 8 inch (2 quart) glass baking dish and sheet of foil (large enough to cover dish) with nonstick cooking spray. In skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain.
- 2Stir in bell pepper and onion, corn, green chilies and taco seasoning mix. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until bell peppers and onions are tender. Stir in taco sauce. Remove from heat
- 3Spoon half of the beef mixture evenly in bottom of baking dish. Cover with 2 cups of the chips. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the cheese over the chips. Spoon remaining half of beef mixture evenly over cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese Top evenly with remaining 1 cup of chips. Cover baking dish tightly with foil, sprayed side down. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
When ready to bake, heat oven to 375. Bake casserole, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 2/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5-20 minutes or until casserole is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
Garnish with a little lettuce, sour cream, jalapenos if desired.
About Night Before Taco Bake
Show 4 Comments & Reviews