Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
1 lbground beef
3 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
1 1/4 cwater, divided
1small tomato, chopped
1/2 cinstant white rice, uncooked
2large red peppers
1/4 cmedium salsa
3/4 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Brown meat with onions in skillet on medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil; simmer on low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Remove half the meat mixture; cool, then refrigerate or freeze for another use.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the remaining water into remaining seasoned meat in skillet. Add tomatoes; mix well. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, cut tops off peppers; discard tops and seeds. Mix salsa and remaining water in bottom of 9-inch square baking dish.
- Stand peppers in baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese to meat mixture; stir. Spoon into peppers; top with remaining cheese. Cover.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until peppers are tender. Serve with sauce from baking dish.