Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/4 c
- water, divided
- small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 c
- instant white rice, uncooked
- large red peppers
- 1/4 c
- medium salsa
- 3/4 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
- 1Heat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Brown meat with onions in skillet on medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil; simmer on low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove half the meat mixture; cool, then refrigerate or freeze for another use.
- 4Stir 1/2 cup of the remaining water into remaining seasoned meat in skillet. Add tomatoes; mix well. Bring to boil.
- 5Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, cut tops off peppers; discard tops and seeds. Mix salsa and remaining water in bottom of 9-inch square baking dish.
- 6Stand peppers in baking dish.
- 7Add 1/2 cup cheese to meat mixture; stir. Spoon into peppers; top with remaining cheese. Cover.
- 8Bake 35 to 40 min. or until peppers are tender. Serve with sauce from baking dish.