Lasagna Spinach Meatloaf
This is a great recipe. You will never miss the pasta.
Here is a Short cut is make it like you would meat loaf ( lay on wax paper) and roll it ad sauce cheese and spinch then roll with the paper, slowly ad in to loaf pan.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- jare sace( youre choice)
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup kraft mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp. kraft parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
How to Make Lasagna Spinach Meatloaf
- 1make it
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2Sauce: Cook onion and garlic over medium heat until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup tomato paste and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 3educe heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes, continuing to stir often. Season to taste with basil, salt and pepper and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Set aside.
Wash spinach. Shake off excess water but do not dry. Place spinach in a saucepan with no additional water, cover and cook over medium-high heat until just wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- 5Mix together egg, cheeses, parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Set aside.
Mix together all ingredients except meat. Combine with the meat and mix well. Cut two large sheets of waxed or parchment paper.
Roll meat mixture into a 18" X 8" rectangle and remove top layer of paper. Leaving a 1" border on all sides, spread a layer of spinach over meat, and followed by cheese mixture and 1 cup of sauce.
Roll meat from the short end, just like you would when making a jellyroll cake, lifting the paper out of the way as you go. Don't worry if some of the filling oozes out, just tuck it back in.
Carefully transfer roll, seam side up, to a 9" X 5" loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until temperature on a meat thermometer reaches 145° F.
Let stand for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Drain off excess fat, remove from pan. Serve in slices, covered in the remaining tomato sauce.