Jen's Spoon Tacos
- 1 bag tortilla chips, 30 oz
- 2 cans (15 to 20 oz. each) meat chili, no beans
- 16 slices soft processed cheese, like velveeta
- 1 jar of salsa, you choose the heat, 20 oz
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/taco cheese
- 2 to 3 finely sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 to 20 oz. each) refried beans
How to Make Jen's Spoon Tacos
- 1Preheat oven to 450. In large deep based baking tray, create your spoon taco layers. Here's a suggested order:
- 2Start by making a layer of tortilla chips that covers the bottom of the tray. Then add a layer of meat chili. After that, add a layer of the sliced cheese, evenly disperse the slices to best cover the entire tray.
- 3After that, add a layer of salsa. Then add another layer of chips. Then add a layer of the shredded cheese
- 4Drop in 3/4 of the jalapeno peppers and about all of the chopped onions over the salsa. Add a layer of the refried beans
- 5Then add one more layer of chips. Finally, add one more layer of shredded cheese and the remaining jalapenos to add some color. Cover your tray with foil and put in oven and bake for 30 minute. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes to make the top crispy. Remove form oven, grab a plate and dig in. Be careful....it's hot.