Japanese Curry and Rice
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
You could use any kind of meat you like, but beef may be the most popular one for Japanese curry.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbbeef, cut for stew
3 1/2 cwater
1 4-ounce boxcurry sauce mix
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspapricot jam
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1 tspcurry powder
How to Make Japanese Curry and Rice
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil and brown meat in a pot, then take meat out.
- In the same pot, fry onions for 8 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes, then cooked meat.
- Add water to the pot. After it boils, skim fat, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes until the meat becomes tender.
- Remove from heat and add curry sauce mix. Stir well so the pieces of the mix dissolve.
- If you'd like to use the optional seasonings above, now add the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, apricot jam, and soy sauce. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes (cook longer if you'd like it thicker).
- If you'd like to add the optional curry powder, stir it in just before serving.
- Pour the curry over rice.