Home Style Salisbury Steak w/ Onion Gravy
1 lbground beef
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 tspworcestershire or a1 sauce
1/4 cdry bread crumbs
2 Tbspbutter, margarine or oil
2 cswanson's beef broth, or 2 c. water + 2 t. beef bouillon crystals
How to Make Home Style Salisbury Steak w/ Onion Gravy
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, pepper, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire or A1 sauce, bread crumbs and egg. Stir mixture together well and shape into four patties.
- On medium heat, brown patties on both sides in butter, margarine or oil. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Separate onion slices into rings and add to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until the onions turn translucent and brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of flour over the onions. Stir. Let cook a few minutes until the flour is nicely browned. Then stir in the beef broth.
- Add beef patties back into the skillet and spoon a little gravy over each patty. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover skillet. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Alternatively, you may use sliced fresh mushrooms instead of the onion.