Hamburger Spanish Rice With Bacon
- 6 slices
- 1 lb.
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 of one
- green bell pepper, chopped
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 2
- teaspoons chili powder
- teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup
- 2 cups
- 1 can
- (14.5 oz.) whole tomatoes, cut-up (*see note)
- 2/3 cup
- long grain white rice
How to Make Hamburger Spanish Rice With Bacon
- 1In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon slices until crisp; drain on paper towel and set aside.
- 2In the same skillet, along with the bacon grease, brown the hamburger and cook the vegetables; then drain off any excess grease in a colander.
- 3Return cooked beef and vegetables to the skillet, then add the remaining ingredients.
- 4Crumble the cooked bacon; add to the skillet, and stir.
- 5Bring ingredients in skillet to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, and stirring occasionally.
- 6*Note: You can substitute stewed tomatoes for the regular canned tomatoes.