Grilled Steak & Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction
Honestly can’t describe the mushrooms, except good! They were savory, with a hint of chicken flavor and a hint of cherry and a slight earthy taste. They are so good! The T-Bone Steak was cooked to perfection on the grill and topping it with the mushroom reduction sauce was a perfect match! I am honestly amazed on how good this dinner is. Yes I know it’s for Father’s Day, but hey, I’m the cook so I had to have it too!
4 Tbspolive oil
4 mediumshallots, peeled, diced small
12 ozportabella mushrooms, finely chopped
2 cchicken stock
2 cgallo family vineyards pinot noir
2 tspparsley, dried
46 oz. t-bone steaks
1 Tbspolive oil
1 tspground pepper
How to Make Grilled Steak & Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction
- While prepping your meal, take the T-bone steaks out of refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan add olive oil and shallots, cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken broth.
- Cook until chicken broth is evaporated; stirring occasionally; about 10 minutes.
- Once chicken broth is evaporated, add the Pinot Noir and parsley, stirring occasionally; cook until evaporated; about 10 minutes.
- (NOTE: When I added the Pinot Noir to the mushrooms that is when I put the steak on the grill)
- To cook steak, set grill over medium heat.
- Brush olive oil all over steak and top with ground pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Place steak on a plate and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- Add the Pinot Noir Mushrooms over steak.