Grilled Steak & Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction
Honestly can’t describe the mushrooms, except good! They were savory, with a hint of chicken flavor and a hint of cherry and a slight earthy taste. They are so good! The T-Bone Steak was cooked to perfection on the grill and topping it with the mushroom reduction sauce was a perfect match! I am honestly amazed on how good this dinner is. Yes I know it’s for Father’s Day, but hey, I’m the cook so I had to have it too!
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 medium
- shallots, peeled, diced small
- 12 oz
- portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 2 c
- gallo family vineyards pinot noir
- 2 tsp
- parsley, dried
- 6 oz. t-bone steaks
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- ground pepper
How to Make Grilled Steak & Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction
- 1While prepping your meal, take the T-bone steaks out of refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2In a large frying pan add olive oil and shallots, cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add the mushrooms and chicken broth.
- 4Cook until chicken broth is evaporated; stirring occasionally; about 10 minutes.
- 5Once chicken broth is evaporated, add the Pinot Noir and parsley, stirring occasionally; cook until evaporated; about 10 minutes.
- 6(NOTE: When I added the Pinot Noir to the mushrooms that is when I put the steak on the grill)
- 7To cook steak, set grill over medium heat.
- 8Brush olive oil all over steak and top with ground pepper.
- 9Place on grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- 10Place steak on a plate and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- 11Add the Pinot Noir Mushrooms over steak.