Granny Grant's Crock Pot "Pot" Roast
- 3 to 4 pound beef chuck pot roast
- 1 pkg
- dry onion-mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 tsp
- dried basil or thyme, crushed
- bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 6 whole, peeled baking potatoes
- 6 to 8 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 to 2 yellow onions, peeled and cut into eighths (extremely necessary)
- 12 oz
- beer (your choice)
How to Make Granny Grant's Crock Pot "Pot" Roast
- 1In a crock-pot, place the beef roast in the bottom. Sprinkle the soup mix and basil or thyme evenly over the roast. Place the 2 bay leaves on top of the roast. Sprinkle the tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce over the soup mix and herbs. Place the baking potatoes towards and touching the outside edge of the crock-pot. Place the quartered carrots on top of the roast and in the middle of the potatoes. Spread the onion pieces evenly over the top. Pour the beer evenly over everything.
- 2Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6.
- 3POT ROAST GRAVY: if desired, remove meat and vegetables to a platter; keep warm. Pour meat juices and fat into a large glass measure. Skim off excess fat from pot juices. Measure 1 1/2 cups juices (if necessary, add beef broth to equal 1 1/2 cups). Pour measured juices into a large saucepan. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into 1/4 cup all-purpose flour; stir into pot juices. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to medium and cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. If desired, add several drops Kitchen Bouquet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.