They make excellent dinner rolls, but they also make super slider buns, hot dog buns, sandwich buns, cinnamon rolls and monkey bread just to name a few!
We use them to make our own individual custom made pizzas.
Tonight I decided to try making a bread "tortilla" and now we have flatbread tacos!
This is the perfect stress free do ahead meal for a family meal or a large get-together .. everyone loves a taco bar!
These can be made small and used as appetizers!
- frozen dinner roll dough balls
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- your favorite taco seasoning
- diced green chilies
- green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- any other taco toppings you desire
How to Make Flatbread Tacos
- 1Remove the dinner roll dough balls from the freezer. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let them rise all day long.
- 2Cook your ground beef until it is completely done. Drain well and add your favorite taco seasoning.
Cover and place in fridge until dinner time.
- 3Prep all the toppings. Place in bowls, cover and place in fridge until dinner time.
- 4When you are ready to begin eating set out all of your toppings. Re-heat the ground beef.
Preheat a skillet or grillpan on medium.
- 5Flour your cutting board or your countertop. Take a dough ball and flip in onto the flour. Roll out to desired size - somewhere between 6" and 8".
Once you have the desired shape place it in the hot skillet or grillpan. Cook for a minute or so on each side.
Place on a towel lined plate and cover to keep warm. Finish cooking the remainder.
- 6Set out the place of flatbread taco shells and let everyone create their own.
- 7I like this because I can prep everything the day before and it's ready to go. The bread dough balls do their thing all day long while I'm doing my thing!
At go time it's super quick and easy and everyone will have great fun creating their own taco.