Fit for a King Perfect Beef Stroganoff
All photos are mine
Paired with a nice red wine and you have a meal fit for a king or a queen! Hearty, creamy and so flavorful. This impressive dish would be awesome to serve to dinner guests or as Dee said, for Fathers Day.
I used sirloin in this recipe as Filet Mignon wasn't available, but I can imagine it would put this Stroganoff over the top!
- 2 lb
- filet mignon
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 c
- yellow onion
- 1 clove
- garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms sliced 1/4 inch
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- meat extract paste(optional) i use bovril beef extract paste that i order off the web. i have posted a photo. beef bouillon cubes can be a substitute. i would use 1-2 cubes.
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- 10oz beef broth
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh dill or 1/4 tablespoon dry dill (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 4 c
- good quality noodles or 11/2 cup rice
How to Make Fit for a King Perfect Beef Stroganoff
- 2Slowly heat large heavy skillet to high heat. Melt butter. Add enough beef to cover bottom of pan. Over high heat sear meat on all sides quickly. Remove with tongs, set aside.
- 3In remaining hot butter in same pan sauté' onion, mushrooms and garlic until onion is golden brown about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 5Gradually add beef broth; bring to a boil stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.