Filet Mignon encrusted with Blue Cheese
- 8 oz +. beef tenderloin steaks, 1.5" to 2" thick
- 4 Tbsp
- blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- garlic salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp
- real butter, melted (optional)
How to Make Filet Mignon encrusted with Blue Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350* degrees.
Preheat oil in cast iron skillet or one without non-stick coating on HIGH.
Season your steaks just before adding them to skillet.
- 2When skillet is hot, add seasoned steaks, cook for 3 minutes on one side. (set timer!)
Turn over after 3 minutes, add blue cheese crumbles.
(They will look very well done at this point, but NO worries! ;)
- 3Place steaks (still in the skillet) into preheated 350* oven. Roast for 12-13 minutes for medium rare steaks or 13-15 minutes for medium done steaks. Filet Mignon is best with a pink center for a juicy, tender steak!
- 4When steaks are done, remove from oven and let them REST for about 3 minutes before plating them.
Meanwhile, heat your dinner plates in the 350* oven.
Melt 2-4 Tbsp of real butter in the microwave in a small glass measuring cup or bowl. Pour on top of steaks (with or without blue cheese) just before serving. Pairs well with a Cabernet or Zinfandel.