Filet Mignon encrusted with Blue Cheese
- 8 oz +. beef tenderloin steaks, 1.5" to 2" thick
- 4 Tbsp
- blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- garlic salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp
- real butter, melted (optional)
Preheat oil in cast iron skillet or one without non-stick coating on HIGH.
Season your steaks just before adding them to skillet.
Turn over after 3 minutes, add blue cheese crumbles.
(They will look very well done at this point, but NO worries! ;)
Meanwhile, heat your dinner plates in the 350* oven.
Melt 2-4 Tbsp of real butter in the microwave in a small glass measuring cup or bowl. Pour on top of steaks (with or without blue cheese) just before serving. Pairs well with a Cabernet or Zinfandel.