Fail Safe Sunday Dinner Eye of Round Roast
NOTE: I had a bit of difficulty with this method initially because oven temperatures vary. So, periodically you should check your oven’s actual temperature with an oven thermometer to be sure it actually registers what your setting says it is.
- 1 (3 - 4 lb.) eye of round beef roast
- seasonings of choice - salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, creole seasoning, etc.
How to Make Fail Safe Sunday Dinner Eye of Round Roast
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Season roast as desired with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and/or Creole seasoning.
Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. DO NOT add water or cover.
- 3Place roast in the preheated oven and lower temperature to 475°F. Roast for exactly 7 minutes per pound.
Turn oven OFF and leave roast in oven with door closed (don’t peek) for 2 ½ hours.
- 4Remove roast and slice into thin slices.