1/8 cgreen bell pepper, finely chopped
3/4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 csoft bread crumbs
1 smallonion, finely chopped
1 mediumeggplant, peeled and cubed small
1/2 lbground beef
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 ctomato puree
How to Make Eggplant-Cheese Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop the peeled, cubed eggplant into a saucepan and cover with salted, boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In skillet, cook the onion, bell pepper and beef until the beef is done. Frain off the grease and rinse.
- Add the tomato puree and heat. Drain the eggplant and add it to the tomato mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover, increase heat to 400 degrees and bake 15 more minutes or until golden brown.