- 1/8 c
- green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- soft bread crumbs
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium
- eggplant, peeled and cubed small
- 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Eggplant-Cheese Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Drop the peeled, cubed eggplant into a saucepan and cover with salted, boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3In skillet, cook the onion, bell pepper and beef until the beef is done. Frain off the grease and rinse.
- 4Add the tomato puree and heat. Drain the eggplant and add it to the tomato mixture.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a casserole dish.
- 6Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover, increase heat to 400 degrees and bake 15 more minutes or until golden brown.