Easy Turnip Green Soup
Diane Hopson Smith
Can't start the year without greens and blackeyed peas!
Hope you enjoy!
- (12-oz) pkg smoked beef sausage, sliced
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- (27-oz) can seasoned tunip greens
- (15.5 oz) can black-eyed peas
- (15.5-oz) can pinto beans
- (15-oz) can great northern beans
- (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Turnip Green Soup
- 1Add olive oil to large pot. Over medium heat, brown sauage; add onion and cook until tender.
- 2Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3Serve with fresh out of the oven cornbread.