Easy Stuffed Green Pepper Cups
Rose M. Helle
My Dad, Grandpa George Bakay, loved to make this for a meal. He never left a recipe, so I came up with this one on my own and think it tastes so much like his.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1/3 cchopped onions
1 can(s)(15 oz) tomato sauce, divided
3 Tbspparmesan cheese,divided
1/2 crice, instant, uncooked
4 mediumgreen peppers
How to Make Easy Stuffed Green Pepper Cups
- Brown ground beef in the microwave with the chopped onion.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the tomato sauce with 1 Tab parmesan cheese. salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook in the microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the uncooked rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove tops and seeds from the peppers; cut in halves from the top down. Stuff peppers with the meat mixture.
- Place in an ungreased microwave-safe 3 qt or 13x9 baking dish.
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the tops and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover with a vented sheet of plastic wrap and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are soft. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.