Easy Stuffed Green Pepper Cups
Rose M. Helle
My Dad, Grandpa George Bakay, loved to make this for a meal. He never left a recipe, so I came up with this one on my own and think it tastes so much like his.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/3 c
- chopped onions
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese,divided
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- rice, instant, uncooked
- 4 medium
- green peppers
How to Make Easy Stuffed Green Pepper Cups
- 1Brown ground beef in the microwave with the chopped onion.
- 2Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the tomato sauce with 1 Tab parmesan cheese. salt and pepper.
- 3Cover and cook in the microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the uncooked rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove tops and seeds from the peppers; cut in halves from the top down. Stuff peppers with the meat mixture.
- 6Place in an ungreased microwave-safe 3 qt or 13x9 baking dish.
- 7Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the tops and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- 8Cover with a vented sheet of plastic wrap and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are soft. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.