Easy Mexican Casserole
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 c
- (16-oz) can chili beans, drained
- (15-oz) can corn
- 1 1/2 c
- tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 c
- low-fat sour cream
- (3 7/8-oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 3/4 c
- chopped green onion
- 1 c
- diced tomato (you can use a 15-oz can of diced tomatoes if drained well)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Easy Mexican Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans and corn, and cook just until heated through.
- 3Spread crushed tortilla chips in bottom of prepared baking dish, and then spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over the beef layer, and then sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream layer.
- 4Bake in preheated 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and return to oven to bake another 5 minutes or just until the cheese starts to melt.