Easy Hamburger Pastry
1 lbground beef
1/4 conion (diced)
1 (8 oz) can(s)mixed vegetable (drained)
1 cshredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1/2 tsponion powder
1 Tbspprepared mustard
·enough pie crust to make 2 pies
How to Make Easy Hamburger Pastry
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook and stir the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned. Drain off excess fat.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except the pie crust. Set aside.
- Prepare the pie crust. Divide into 8 equal parts. Roll each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 7" circle. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture onto on half of the round. Making sure it's packed in to within a 1/2" on the edge of the crust round. Moisten the edges with water and gently fold over the unused side of the roll. Press edges together and crimp with a fork. Brush tops lightly with an egg mixture of 1 beaten egg and about 1/8 cup of water. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and prick the tops with a fork. Bake for 30-35 until deep golden brown. Can pour brown gravy or sauce over the finished pies and serve.