E-Z Cheesy Crock Pot Meatballs
·1 ½ lb. very lean ground beef
·½ cup italian style bread crumbs
·2 tbsp. milk
·1 egg, slightly beaten
·salt and pepper to taste
·4 or 5 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into small pieces * see note
·1 jar tomato pasta sauce
·1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
·½ tsp. parsley flakes
·1 tsp. dried oregano
How to Make E-Z Cheesy Crock Pot Meatballs
- In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, milk, egg, garlic powder, parsley flakes, oregano, salt and pepper with hands until well combined. Shape mixture into small balls about the size of a golf ball.
- * NOTE: Once you determine just how many meatballs you have, you will know how many cheese sticks you will need.
- With finger, or handle of large wooden spoon, make hole in meatball but do not go all the way through.
Place 1 piece of cheese in hole; enclose cheese by pinching meat back around to completely close the hole back together. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and cheese pieces.
- Spray a 4 qt. crock pot with cooking spray. Pour pasta sauce into cooker. Place meatballs in sauce.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours.