E-Z Cheesy Crock Pot Meatballs
- 1 ½ lb. very lean ground beef
- ½ cup italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 or 5 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into small pieces * see note
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
How to Make E-Z Cheesy Crock Pot Meatballs
- 1In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, milk, egg, garlic powder, parsley flakes, oregano, salt and pepper with hands until well combined. Shape mixture into small balls about the size of a golf ball.
- 2* NOTE: Once you determine just how many meatballs you have, you will know how many cheese sticks you will need.
- 3With finger, or handle of large wooden spoon, make hole in meatball but do not go all the way through.
Place 1 piece of cheese in hole; enclose cheese by pinching meat back around to completely close the hole back together. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and cheese pieces.
- 4Spray a 4 qt. crock pot with cooking spray. Pour pasta sauce into cooker. Place meatballs in sauce.
- 5Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours.