Dry Rubbed Prime Rib Roast
How to Make Dry Rubbed Prime Rib Roast
- all dry rub ingredients together and rub liberally on roast
- bring roast to room temperature by leaving out on counter for at least one hour.
- place roast on a rack in a roasting pan. preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour 2 cups water into bottom of roasting pan.
- bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and leave roast in oven for 3 hours. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!! I'm not kidding, resist temptation!! leave it closed.
- turn oven back on to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. remove roast from oven and check temperature. It should be 135 degrees. Let roast set for 20-30 minutes.
- While roast is resting, mix drippings from the roasting pan with 1 cup of good red wine and 2 tsp. of worchestershire sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Serve with the roast for dipping.