Curry Adobo Rubbed Flank Steak
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE SIX SPICE RUB
1 tspcurry powder
1 tspkosher salt
1 tspcracked black pepper
1 tspchinese ginger
1 tspground cumin
FOR THE SOFRITO
1 mediumonion, sliced
1red pepper, sliced
2 Tbsptomato paste
2 cbeef stock
4 Tbspolive oil
·cilantro, minced for garnish
How to Make Curry Adobo Rubbed Flank Steak
- Lay the flank steak on cutting board. Round side is the top and bottom side is the flat side.
- With a meat mallet, pound the meat to tenderize it, but be gentle.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices for rub.
Pre heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Rub six-spice rub on the round side of the flank steak, making sure you massage the rub into every corner of the meat.
Set aside and let steak come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat large sauté pan. Once heated, add oil. Wait 10 seconds and place flank steak rub side down, press it to the pan and sear for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then flip over meat and sear 3 minutes.
- Set meat aside. In same pan mix together sofrito ingredients and stir until warm.
- Add stock to the pan to de-glaze and simmer for about 1 minute. Add to casserole dish, placing flank steak on top and covering with foil.
- Place in pre-heated oven, bake for 50 minutes
- Once finished, remove dish from oven, remove meat and place on a rack to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the sauce from casserole and the Sofrito to finish sauce. Add to a saucepan, reheat for 3 minutes, and adjust seasoning if needed. Fold in cilantro and plate as you wish.