CRUSHES Steak House Expensive New York Strip Steak
Don't waste your money buying individual steaks at the store. Get yourself a large slab of NY steak from BJ's or another warehouse store. $80 makes steak for 8 weeks!!!
My husband wrote this, and it really, is wonderful.Everyone's got their favorite, but this is truly a great .
How to Make CRUSHES Steak House Expensive New York Strip Steak
- Firstly, save yourself big money. Don't buy individual steaks at the market. You can get a 15 lb uncut NY Strip at BJ's for under $100. It will make 7-8 weeks of 1 1/2 inch beautiful strips. Get a large tray, cut all of the excess fat off bottom and sides of steak slab, then cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Go wider than you think and you'll get the right width. GO BIG!!! These are for steak lovers. Best to have a very light lunch before these :)
I cut 7-8 for myself and then cut 4 fulls for my husband and then cut in half. 8 weeks of steak! Place each in a ziplock and put them all in a gallon freezer bag. They won't get freezer-burn.
- Take your frozen steak out at 11AM. These babies take until dinnertime to thaw. Thaw on plate with just a paper towel on top (if you have dogs, put them well back on the counter :)
- Heat the cast iron pan until it starts to smoke. Very HOT!!! Drop the steak on for 45 seconds then repeat step 4 on the top side. Flip and blacken 45 seconds.
TURN OFF THE HEAT on the stove, or you'll have a smoke-filled house...
- Immediately move to the oven. Key times for your preference:
4-5 minutes for super rare
5-8 minutes for rare
10-12 minutes for mid-rare
14-15 minutes for medium
You don't really need a side for these unless you prefer. A small side salad with Balsamic Vinagrette is perfect.
The trick I use when doing different levels of done-ness is to do the medium steak and place in oven, turn off the cast iron grill and then fire up the stove at the 8 minute mark and blacken the second. Then I put the second in with the almost done medium for 4-5 minutes.
I won't even talk about well-done-Yuck
- Pull your steak to a plate, turn off the oven and let it rest for 2 minutes. While resting, salt the steak and pour the butter over. You can salt more to taste at the table.
- My husband's, best production! and recipe.
Please try,and enjoy.