Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast (SOS)
- 3/4 - 1 lb
- dried chipped beef, rough chop
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped (optional)
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 1/4 c
- milk (or a little more if needed)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 slice
- bread, toasted & buttered
How to Make Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast (SOS)
- 1In a large fry pan, saute the onions (if using) in butter until translucent. Add in the chipped beef and fry until edges just start to crisp slightly.
- 2Sprinkle in the flour. Mix well. Add in the milk. Stir until it starts to thicken. If it's a bit too thick, you can thin it with a little more milk.
- 3Meanwhile, get the toast ready on plates.
- 4Season with salt & pepper in the pan, and you can put the pepper on the table and let everyone season a little more to their taste.
- 5Ladle the SOS across two slices of toast on each plate. Enjoy!