Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast (SOS)
3/4 - 1 lbdried chipped beef, rough chop
1/2 largeonion, chopped (optional)
2 1/4 cmilk (or a little more if needed)
·salt & pepper, to taste
8 slicebread, toasted & buttered
How to Make Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast (SOS)
- In a large fry pan, saute the onions (if using) in butter until translucent. Add in the chipped beef and fry until edges just start to crisp slightly.
- Sprinkle in the flour. Mix well. Add in the milk. Stir until it starts to thicken. If it's a bit too thick, you can thin it with a little more milk.
- Meanwhile, get the toast ready on plates.
- Season with salt & pepper in the pan, and you can put the pepper on the table and let everyone season a little more to their taste.
- Ladle the SOS across two slices of toast on each plate. Enjoy!