Photo adapted from Company's Coming.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1-1/2 lblean beef, cubed
1 can(s)(8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 chot water or beef broth
1/4bay leaf (optional)
1 can(s)(1 pound) brick oven baked beans
1small onion, chopped and sauteed (optional)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chuckwagon Stew
- Roll meat in flour mixed with salt.
- Brown slowly in hot oil in Dutch oven.
- Add water or beef broth, tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low. Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add baked beans and onions.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add a little water from time to time, if more gravy is needed.
- Can also be made in a crock pot.
Cook on high 4 hours, then add beans and onions and cook an additional 15-30 minutes.