Chinese Spicy Orange Beef Meatballs
1 lbground beef (80/20)
1/2 lbground turkey
1orange (zest & juice)
1/3 cgreen onion, diced
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 csoy sauce (or bragg's liquid aminos)
1/4 cdry sherry
1 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
1/2 corange marmalade (low-sugar or sugar-free)
1/4 citalian breadcrumbs, fine
How to Make Chinese Spicy Orange Beef Meatballs
- In a small sauce pan, combine ground ginger, cornstarch, soy sauce, (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos), dry sherry, crushed red pepper flakes, and orange marmalade.
- Ensure all ingredients are combined and allow the mixture to come to simmer for about 5 minutes. Do NOT boil!
- Once the mixture has simmered for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool. This takes about 1 hour.
*TIP: You can pour the mixture in a bowl and place it in the freezer for 20-25 minutes to speed up the cooling process.
- Pour 1/2 of the room temperature marmalade mixture into the ground meat mixture and gently combine.
Set aside the other 1/2 of the sauce for serving.
- Tightly cover (with cling wrap) and allow to marinate at least 2 hours up to 24 hours.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees & line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Bake meatballs st 375 degrees for 22 minutes. Then bake at 325 degrees for 22 minutes.
- Allow the sauce at least 20 minutes to absorb before serving. A serving is 2 meatballs.