Chinese Spicy Orange Beef Meatballs
- 1 lb
- ground beef (80/20)
- 1/2 lb
- ground turkey
- orange (zest & juice)
- 1/3 c
- green onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce (or bragg's liquid aminos)
- 1/4 c
- dry sherry
- 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c
- orange marmalade (low-sugar or sugar-free)
- 1/4 c
- italian breadcrumbs, fine
How to Make Chinese Spicy Orange Beef Meatballs
- 1In a small sauce pan, combine ground ginger, cornstarch, soy sauce, (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos), dry sherry, crushed red pepper flakes, and orange marmalade.
- 2Ensure all ingredients are combined and allow the mixture to come to simmer for about 5 minutes. Do NOT boil!
- 3Once the mixture has simmered for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool. This takes about 1 hour.
*TIP: You can pour the mixture in a bowl and place it in the freezer for 20-25 minutes to speed up the cooling process.
- 5Pour 1/2 of the room temperature marmalade mixture into the ground meat mixture and gently combine.
Set aside the other 1/2 of the sauce for serving.
- 6Tightly cover (with cling wrap) and allow to marinate at least 2 hours up to 24 hours.
- 7Preheat over to 375 degrees & line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- 10Bake meatballs st 375 degrees for 22 minutes. Then bake at 325 degrees for 22 minutes.
- 12Allow the sauce at least 20 minutes to absorb before serving. A serving is 2 meatballs.