Chilaquiles Skillet Meal
2 lbground beef
1/2med. onion(or some dried onion flakes)
1small can(s)enchilada sauce, divided(green salsa is also good. i often make a homemade sauce of dried ancho chiles that works great)
1 pkgtaco seasoning
1 cinstant rice(brown or white)
1/2-1 cshredded cheese
·oil for frying tortillas
How to Make Chilaquiles Skillet Meal
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and onions. Drain excess grease.
- Add 1/2c of the enchilada sauce, salsa, taco seasoning, rice and water. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 min.
- While meat mixture is simmering, heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in another skillet. Cut the tortillas in half, then into thin strips(1/4-1/2 inch). Fry in hot oil until crispy and starting to get golden. Remove to paper towels to drain, then lightly salt. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortilla strips and toss to coat.
- Remove the lid from the meat mixture, stir well and turn to low. Scatter the tortilla strips over the top, sprinkle with the cheese. Replace the lid and heat just until the cheese is melty.