Chicken Fried Steak
6tenderized round steaks, (each 1/4 to 1/3 pound)
2 1/2 cflour
1/2 tspseasoned salt
1/2 coil or more if needed
How to Make Chicken Fried Steak
- Beat the steaks to 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk together.
- Place flour in another shallow bowl. Add salt, seasoned salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper. Mix well.
- Dredge each steak in the flour mixture to coat.Shake off excess.
- Then dip each in the egg mixture to coat.
- Next dredge in the flour mixture a second time coating evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the steaks 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Don't crowd the steaks in the skillet You can add more oil if needed.
- Serve with cream gravy.