Cheesy Beef Enchilada Pie
·ground beef ( i used a large family pack)
1 can(s)whole green chiles ( 10oz can) can used chopped
2 1/2 cred enchilada sauce( two 10 oz cans, or package mix or homemade)
1 croasted red peppers ( after pulsed up in food processor )
8 ozshredded mozzarella
8 ozshredded pepper jack cheese
24 smallcorn tortillas
1 tspground new mexico chili
1 can(s)small can green enchilada sauce( optional)
1/2 cmelted queso ( i used 1 packet of the velveeta queso blanco)
·canola oil for frying tortillas
How to Make Cheesy Beef Enchilada Pie
- Cook ground beef and drain well. Fry 18( or enough for 3 layers in a 9x13) corn tortillas until lightly brown ( about 30 seconds each side)
- Pulse up green chiles if using whole ones, can pulse your roasted red peppers at the same time.
- Mix red enchilada sauce, green chiles, roasted red peppers, New Mexico chile powder and cooked ground beef.
- Place a layer of the tortillas in bottom in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Spread half the beef mixture over them and then add half the cheese over it. ( I just shredded mine in the same bowl and mixed it up.) Add another layer of tortillas then the meat mixture then cheese, end with a layer of tortillas.
- pour the queso blanco over the top cover loosely with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. ( I turned my broiler on for a couple of minutes and browned the cheese)