Cheese stuffed meatloaf my way
- 2 lb
- 80-85 percent lean ground beef
- large sweet onion chopped
- slices of bread toasted and torn in to pieces
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper ( do not use salt)
- envelope or any brand dry onion soup mix. i use lipton most of the time.
- large egg
- 1/2 c
- ketchup divided
- 1/4 c
- diced fine green pepper optional
- 1-2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheese stuffed meatloaf my way
- 1line loaf pan with foil. mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands. Leaving a 1/4 cup of ketchup out.
- 2take meat mixture out of bowl. Place on wax paper. press meat down to double the with of the pan 10x9 inches. sprinkle cheese along the 10 inch side on half of it 5 inches. Fold meat over the cheese. Pat in to loaf the size of pan molding edges together.
place in pan form loaf to size of pan. Spread remaining ketchup on top if desired.