Cauliflower, lentil and beef Madras curry
14 ozground beef
16 ozcauliflower, fresh or frozen, cut up in florets and thawed
1 cred lentils
1 ccoconut milk
2 Tbspmadras curry powder
1 tspcoconut oil or other cooking oil
·salt, to taste
How to Make Cauliflower, lentil and beef Madras curry
- Wash the red lentils thoroughly and bring to a boil with 1 3/4 cups water or according to package directions (I found that not all red lentils need the same amount of water).
- In a large non stick skillet, heat oil and brown ground beef, then add 2 tablespoons of madras curry, mix well and add the cauliflower florets.
- Add salt to taste, then add a splash of water, cover and let cook until the lentils are done (they need about 10-15 Minutes).
- If the lentil have soaked up all the water, just add a bit salt to taste, stir well and add to meat and cauliflower in the skillet, mix well. If there is a bit water left, just add it to the skillet, too.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well, add more madras curry and / or salt to taste, heat for one minute and serve.