Black Pepper Pot Roast MMB
But I am trying to stay away from most packaged foods, so this is what I came up with and I LOVE it.
Add more or less of any ingredient. I just added a couple shakes of this and some grinds of that. LOL
5-6 largebaking potatoes
1 mediumsweet onion
1 1/2 tspblack pepper, ground fresh
1 tspsea salt
2 1/2 lbbeef roast- your choice on the cut
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper, ground fresh
1/2 tspthyme, leaves
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1 mediumcabbage head
How to Make Black Pepper Pot Roast MMB
- Cut onion in half then into wedges.
- Layer the potatoes and onion in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle with the 1 1/2 t black pepper and 1 t salt. Lay the roast on top of that. Sprinkle with the 1/2 t each of salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Cut cabbage in half and core. Then cut each half into 6 or 8 pieces. Lay that on top of the carrots.
- Add 1/2 a bottle of Merlot **Or you could use 2 cups of beef broth**
- Turn the crock pot on low and let cook for about 6 hours or until roast is tender.
- **I did not peel my carrots or potatoes, the choice is yours. **