- corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp
- mexi-rub (from mexican brisket recipe)
- 14.5oz can(s)
- fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15oz can(s)
- black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 lb
- cooked beef brisket, chopped (from mexican brisket recipe)
- 1 1/2 c
- pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- sharp wite cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-6 large
- eggs (1 per person)
- butter for cooking the eggs
- thinly sliced fresh jalapeno chiles, cilantro & lime wedges for garnish
How to Make Black Bean & Beef Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F. Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet.
- 2Arrange the tortilla strips on the rack and coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the Mexi-Rub and bake until golden and crisp, 7-8 minutes.
- 3(if making this to serve on COOKDAY, leave the oven on. If making this for later in the week, you'll bake the casserole on the night of.)
- 4Spread the tomatoes in the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Scatter the black beans over the tomatoes. Top with the tortilla strips. Layer on the chopped beef and top with the cheeses.
- 5(Make-ahead: Let cool and refrigerate.)
(Night of: Return the casserole to room temp while you preheat the oven to 400F.)
- 6Bake until bubbling and browned on top, 10-15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a skillet or on a griddle, cook the eggs in butter to each person's liking.
Serve each portion of chilaquiles with a fried egg on top.
Garnish with cilantro, sliced chiles, and a lime wedge.