Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burger
I have a friend Drex from Hawaii and I was really missing him.
I start with a perfectly grilled beef burger with Asian / Hawaiian flavors. Glaze that with a pineapple teriyaki glaze. Then I top it with mild and creamy Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, red onion slices and brown sugar ham. This is like Hawaii heaven on a plate.
Yes, I admit it. I ate the whole thing. I couldn't help myself.
Truth be told if I had a second stomach, I would have eaten 2.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspground ginger
2 tspgarlic powder
4 tsplow sodium soy sauce
4 lblean ground beef
4 Tbsppineapple juice
4 Tbspteriyaki sauce
8 slicebrown sugar ham
8 slicered onion
8 sliceswiss cheese
8big sesame seed hamburger buns, buttered
8 slicefresh pineapple
How to Make Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burger
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce together. Set aside.
- Mix beef, ginger, garlic, salt and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Divide into 8 patties and form into patties slightly larger than your bun.
- Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger to prevent it from doming up in the center.
- The indentation will rise as your burger cooks.
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 3-5 minutes), turning once (cook for 3 minutes on the other side for medium).
- Baste with pineapple teriyaki sauce as your burger cooks.
- Try not to press down on your burger with a spatula. It will cause the juices to escape and will create a dry burger!
- Grill pineapple slices until pineapple have golden brown grill marks on both sides.
- Toast hamburger buns by placing on grill until grill marks form.
- Do not walk away during this process. Toast can turn to ash in the blink of an eye.
- Spread mayo on bottom bun.
- Top with lettuce, burger, Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, red onion and ham.