Bev's Stuffed Pepper Soup AKA Deconstructed SPs
The recipe came from a 2nd grade teacher at my school who graciously gave me the recipe and said I could share it. She brought it in to serve at our Volunteer Dinner and it was a BIG hit! Thanks, Bev! =^..^=
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- green peppers, seeded & cut into small squares
- 2 can(s)
- (14 oz. each) beef broth
- 2 can(s)
- (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes; 1 with basil, garlic, & oregano, if you like
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce (i didn't have this, but the soup was still wonderful!)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 c
- cooked rice
- chopped onion
- parmesan cheese over finished soup
- ground turkey, veggie burger, or venison in place of ground beef
How to Make Bev's Stuffed Pepper Soup AKA Deconstructed SPs
- 4When the peppers are tender and the rice is done, stir the rice into the soup and cook for 5 more minutes. Adjust the "thickness" of the soup at this time. Too thin? Cook a little longer. (Or add more rice next time.) Too thick? Thin with a little water or more beef broth.
Serve hot with West Virginia Cornbread, Kitten Head Biscuits, garlic toast, or your bread of choice.
- 5NOTES: If you are adding chopped onion, add it in Step #2 with the pepper squares.
Another idea: When you get to Step #4, combine all ingredients in a crock pot and set to LOW or WARM, if your family isn't ready to eat. When my family was young, dinner often took 2 hours to serve with all the different schedules. A dish like this would have made my life so much easier. =^..^=