Beer Beef Strips
Prep time does not include marinading meat
500 gbeef strips
1 + 1/2 tspcornstarch
2tomatoes, chopped and fried
1onion, chopped and fried
1 ccheddar cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
·slices of bread/rolls
How to Make Beer Beef Strips
- Marinade beef strips in beer for 15 - 30 minutes
- Drain the marinade and stirfry the beefstrips (use a little oil as necessary)
- Make a quick cheese sauce : heat milk to a boil, take pot off the heat, dissolve cornstarch in a little of the hot milk, then stir this into the pot of hot milk.
- Turn heat down to medium, place pot back on the heat and keep stirring until the sauce has thickened. Melt cheese in the white sauce, keeping back a little cheese for sprinkling. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread slices, place beefstrips on top, top with a dollop of chunky tomatoes and onions (previously fried), a little cheese sauce, top it all off with a sprinkling of cheese and minced jalapeno.