How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- Cube and flour the steak.
- Heat 3 Tbs. oil in a large skillet. Brown the steak.
- Mean while in a small skillet saute onion and mushrooms in 1 Tbs. oil
- Add mushrooms and onion to the steak.
- Fill the skillet to 1/2 inch from top with water.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender. Be sure the steak doesn't stick. It will form a gravy as it cooks. You can add more water if needed.
- While meat is simmering, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain
- Right before serving, stir in the sour cream. mix well.
- Serve the stroganoff over the noodles.