2 lbground beef
1/2 smallonion, diced very small
3 Tbspgreen bell pepper, diced very small
1 tspchili powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 can(s)19 oz. enchilada sauce
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cshredded monterrey jack cheese
1 can(s)chili, without beans
How to Make Beef Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion and bell pepper with cumin, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder and white pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Cook until beef is done, onion and bell pepper are tender. Set aside.
- Pour enough enchilada sauce into bottom of 9 x 13" baking dish to cover the bottom.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Briefly dip tortillas one at a time in oil for 5 seconds each to soften.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. beef mixture into center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp.of each cheese onto beef mixture.
- Roll up each tortilla and place seam side down, in the baking dish. Be sure you have enchiladas in a single layer.
- When all 12 enchiladas are in the pan, pour remaining enchilada sauce over them evenly.
- Pour chili evenly over the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses.
- Place in oven uncovered. Cook for 15 minutes