Beef and Mushrooms in Cognac Sauce
·1 pound beef sirloin,( or beef of choice) cut into bite size pieces
·1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (or much as you want to use)
·4 tablespoons butter
·1 tablespoon olive oil
·1/4 cup chopped onion
·1 teaspoon garlic salt
·salt and pepper to taste
·1-1/4 cups beef broth
·2 teaspoons cornstarch
·1 tablespoon of good cognac
How to Make Beef and Mushrooms in Cognac Sauce
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 3 Tablespoons of butter and the olive oil.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Add the beef and onion to the skillet and cook until beef is browned. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of beef broth; Cover and simmer until meat is tender. (Approx. 30 minutes...more or less. Depends on what cut of beef you use).
- When meat is tender add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon cognac; stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the 1/4 beef broth and the cornstarch. Add to the skillet mixture and stir until slightly thickened. Serve and enjoy!