Beef and Mushrooms in Cognac Sauce
- 1 pound beef sirloin,( or beef of choice) cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (or much as you want to use)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of good cognac
How to Make Beef and Mushrooms in Cognac Sauce
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, heat 3 Tablespoons of butter and the olive oil.
- 2Season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- 3Add the beef and onion to the skillet and cook until beef is browned. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another couple of minutes.
- 4Add in 1 cup of beef broth; Cover and simmer until meat is tender. (Approx. 30 minutes...more or less. Depends on what cut of beef you use).
- 5When meat is tender add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon cognac; stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Mix together the 1/4 beef broth and the cornstarch. Add to the skillet mixture and stir until slightly thickened. Serve and enjoy!