Beef and Broccoli with Buttered Noodles
·1 pound of round steak, ( or any steak) cut into cubes
·6-8 ounces of noodles, cooked
·1 clove of garlic, chopped
·3 tablespoons butter
·2 tablespoons olive oil
·1/2 cup onion, chopped
·2 cups broccoli florets
·1-1/4 cup beef broth
·1/3 cup dry red wine
·2 teaspoons cornstrach
·salt and pepper to taste
·1 cup freshly sliced mushrooms, optional
How to Make Beef and Broccoli with Buttered Noodles
- In a skillet, on medium heat, add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the beef, onion and garlic. Salt and pepper the beef to taste and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and the red wine; cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the broccoli (and mushrooms, if using) cook for another 5 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Mix the remaining broth with cornstarch. Stir into the mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of butter to the hot cooked noodles, and mix.
- Serve the steak and broccoli mixture over the hot buttered noodles.