Beef and Broccoli with Buttered Noodles
- 1 pound of round steak, ( or any steak) cut into cubes
- 6-8 ounces of noodles, cooked
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstrach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly sliced mushrooms, optional
How to Make Beef and Broccoli with Buttered Noodles
- 1In a skillet, on medium heat, add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 2Add the beef, onion and garlic. Salt and pepper the beef to taste and cook until the beef is browned.
- 3Add 1 cup of beef broth and the red wine; cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Add the broccoli (and mushrooms, if using) cook for another 5 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- 5Mix the remaining broth with cornstarch. Stir into the mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- 6Add the 2 tablespoons of butter to the hot cooked noodles, and mix.
- 7Serve the steak and broccoli mixture over the hot buttered noodles.