Basil and Garlic Meatballs
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 2 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped fine
- ¼ cup fresh basil – chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese – grated
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- anola oil for frying
How to Make Basil and Garlic Meatballs
- 1Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl and mix. Form the mixture into desired sized meatballs.
Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a ¼ inch of canola oil.
Add the meatballs; but do not overcrowd the pan. Cook until a nice golden color forms on the meatballs and then turn to continue cooking on all sides. When the meatball becomes firm it is cooked. The less firm the less cooked it will be.
Serve with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, cut fresh basil and red sauce if desired.