Aunt Gail's Mexican Skillet
1 lbground beef
1 smallonion, chopped
1 tsporegano, dried
1 Tbspchili powder
1 (6 oz.) can(s)tomato sauce
1 (6 oz.) can(s)tomato paste
3tomato paste cans of water
3/4 ccooked rice
How to Make Aunt Gail's Mexican Skillet
- In a large, cook beef with the onion until beef is browned and onion translucent.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water and seasonings. Stir to mix.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and simmer 5 more minutes.
- I serve this over Fritos, Doritos or tortilla chips.
- We top it with grated cheese, chopped onion, diced avocado, shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.