Anna's Beef and Biscuit Casserole
The original recipe also called for 2 Roma tomatoes, but since I had no ripe tomatoes of any kind I used the tomato sauce instead, and my husband loved it!
5/31/2020 edit - my husband refused to allow the packet of taco seasoning called for in the original casserole (he must not have known it was there), so I've revised this recipe to use seasoning salt instead.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1/8 cseasoning salt
1 can(s)tomato sauce (8 oz)
1/2 csour cream
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 can(s)8-oz pillsbury biscuits
How to Make Anna's Beef and Biscuit Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9" square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, then add seasoning salt, and tomato sauce, and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and half of the cheese together and set aside.
- Press biscuits into bottom and 1/2" up the sides of pan, forming a solid crust.
- On top of the biscuit dough, layer the remaining ingredients in this order: ground beef mixture, sour cream mixture, and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.