Anna's Beef and Biscuit Casserole
The original recipe also called for 2 Roma tomatoes, but since I had no ripe tomatoes of any kind I used the tomato sauce instead, and my husband loved it!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef
1 oztaco seasoning mix packet
1 can(s)tomato sauce (8 oz)
1/2 csour cream
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 cbiscuit mix (bisquick works well)
How to Make Anna's Beef and Biscuit Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" pan or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, then add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and 3/4 cup water and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and half of the cheese together and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together biscuit mix and 1 cup water to make a soft dough. Press into bottom and 1/2" up the sides of greased 9x13" pan.
- On top of the biscuit dough, layer the remaining ingredients in this order: ground beef mixture, sour cream mixture, and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.