Amazing mexican casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 lbground beef
·pepper to taste
2 tspground red pepper
2 can(s)diced green chiles
2 can(s)diced tomatoes
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 csour cream
3 cmexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Amazing mexican casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking dish.
- Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat and brown. Drain off excess grease.
- Add onion and spices. Continue to cook until onion is translucent, roughly 5 minutes. remove from heat.
- Add chiles, tomatoes, sour cream, mushroom soup and 1 and 1/2 cups cheese. Blend evenly.
- In greased baking dish, line the bottom with just enough beef mixture to wet the bottom of the dish. Then line with 2 corn tortillas, or enough to cover the bottom as well as the sides of the dish. add 1/3 of beef mixture. Top with more tortillas, add another 1/3 of mixture, add more tortillas and then remaining beef mixture. note only the bottom tortilla have to cover the sides of the dish, the other layers can lay flat.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add remainder of cheese. Return to oven for 20 more minutes or until hot and bubbly. let stand 10 minutes. Enjoy! You can top with additional sour cream if you wish